Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Foreign to Me

A few days of my recent travels were spent in Palm Springs, CA. I have spent very limited time in California and even that was years ago. All I knew about Palm Springs was that it was popular with golfers. A quick search about weather told me to be prepared to be exceedingly hot while I was there.
The extra-nice part of the trip was that since it was off season in Palm Springs, we were able to stay at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort. While I wouldn't say the rooms were luxurious, they were very nice and the bathroom was huge. The biggest perk for a family would be the pools. There are seven! None of them are massive, but having several allows you to have plenty of room. I'm sure that isn't the case during peak season, but it was true while we were there.
Our children were not with us on this short trip; they stayed with Greg's parents in Missouri. So do you know what my favorite part of my resort experience was? The pool that was for adults only. In reality, I spent very little time there, but boy it was nice.
I wish I could go back. At the same time, the scenery and lifestyle were so foreign to me. It seemed to be an entirely different world than the one I'm used to.

When was the last time you got a new perspective?

0 comments: