Monday, November 20, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Another not-for-Christmas-anymore gift is finished. The Dad Scarf. The pattern is my own - just used the Woven Diagonal Herringbone stitch pattern from Barbara Walker. The yarn is Cascade 220 and I blocked it to 8"x62".



In other news, we keep talking to Ethan about the fact that he will not be able to use a paci forever. In fact, we would like him to be finished with it very soon. Today I was getting him dressed and brought it up (he had it in his mouth). I told him, "When little boys get to be three years old, they can't use paci's anymore. It won't be long until you are three and then there will be no more paci's!"



He looked at me, squinted his eyes as if he meant business, and said, "Stop talking."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three is just a state of mind. That's what all the magazines say.

Rosemary said...

ROFL.

Scoutj said...

The way we got Supergirl to be done was that we gave them to a friend who just had a baby. I HIGHLY recommend it. To this day she tells people she gave all of her *ba's* to baby Aidan.

Anonymous said...

I listened to your podcast this morning where you talked about knitting Clapotis on fingering weight yarn and a number 4 needle. Do you have any idea how many yards of fingering weight you needed to do this? It sounded like a perfect idea for some Lorna's Laces I have, but I only have two skeins, which probably isn't enough. Just thought I'd check it out for next time. Thanks so much.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

Love the Dad scarf... lucky guy.

Anonymous said...

My three year old girl's "boyfriend" had a pacifier removal ceremony. We met him and his mom at Chuck E Cheese and threw the pacifiers away at their garbage can. There was much applause and excitment.
-KMKS secret swap partner