Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Baby Knits

A new friend is expecting a baby soon and while I don't know her well enough to merit spending a lot of money on a gift, I would like to give her a little something. Or a few little somethings. I decided to rummage through my stash and see what leftovers I have that might become fun baby gifts.

I've always liked the Baby Genius Burp Cloth pattern from Mason-Dixon Knitting...here it is in Sugar 'n Cream dishcloth cotton:
I also wanted to make a pair of fun booties. I've knit plenty of socks but never any booties - and besides, every girl, no matter how tiny, needs some fun shoes, right?
These are the Christine's Baby Booties pattern, knit in Socks That Rock fingering weight (colorway: Space Dust). These were so fun to knit - I'll definitely keep them in mind for future baby gifts!
I still plan to knit a few more little things to go along with these, so keep your eyes peeled...

0 comments: