Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Borgs, Bags & Baskets

Not a lot to report here so far this week. I've been busy working around the house for a change and haven't done much knitting yet. But hey, it's only Wednesday.

I do have a new sock and its mate-in-progress...no name yet. However, the yarn is the Craftborg colorway that was dyed especially for us:
I decided to try out Rosemary's Wendelin pattern and I'm very pleased with it. Mindless knitting, but yet not totally stockinette.

Thought I would treat myself to a new handbag while I was at Target this week:
The weather has been beautiful here in Nashville and all of the plants and flowers are doing really well. Unfortunately, during the time that I was away recently, one of my hanging baskets got very dry and was mostly dead, so I replaced it with this:
Since then, however, the mostly dead variation of geranium has had second thoughts and is trying to resurrect itself:
So I keep watering it. It's gotten new leaves even in the past 24 hours. Go figure.

4 comments:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Mmmmm....I love the colorway! : )

amanda j said...

Aha! You have uncovered the reason for so many geraniums in my garden. I can not kill them!!

That sock yarn colourway is gorgeous!

psst . . . I am busy collecting little treats!

Rosemary said...

I love your new bag!

knitspot anne said...

oh i loed target when i lived in nashville! i think that's where i "discovered" it. we didn't have stores like that in NYC where i came from (at that time).
your portrait is gorgeous; thanks for sharing it!