Thursday, September 18, 2008

Big Promises

My children are intrigued by As Seen On TV items. I don't know why.

Last year I was on a quest for a great new handbag. One day Ethan interrupted my shower to tell me, with great enthusiasm, about the Buxton Bag. In fact, he declared that it could solve all of my problems.

Both kids were thrilled when we saw Aqua Globes on display at Walgreen's and were disappointed that I didn't snatch any up before they were all gone. However, since our house gets very little sun through the windows it is pointless to keep house plants. In fact, even as I clicked over to get the link for this post, the kids saw what was on my screen and squealed, "We've seen those on tv!! They help you not have a mess of sad, drooping-down plants! We should get some!"

But by far, the product that garners the most excitement with Natalie and Ethan is the Rocket Fishing Rod. Ethan has informed me that he needs one for Christmas. I am not convinced.

So tell me what you think. Are these types of products worth investigating? Or do you think they are scams? I think there are some that are probably good products...but I think there's a lot of junk that you have to weed through to find those treasures!

0 comments: