Monday, September 29, 2008

Enough With the Procrastinating

I've had this fabric for several months now - sitting forlornly in a bag, waiting to be cut and ironed and transformed into valances for my windows. There was no great reason for my procrastination. Mostly, it had to do with the fact that I don't enjoy the cutting and measuring part of sewing.

Yesterday, I finally bit the bullet, pulled out the fabric, hauled the ironing board upstairs and got to work. I knew what I wanted and there was no need for a pattern. I just wanted flat panels. No ruffles, no gathers, nothing fancy - just flat panels. I had done the measuring of the windows months ago and thankfully, my measurements proved to be right on the mark. All in all, it probably took about 90 minutes, and that was with a lot of stopping and starting and dealing with children.

Today, I learned that it is difficult to take a good picture of a valance in a wood-paneled room. Here's the best I could do...there is one window on one wall and a bank of 3 windows on the next wall.

I can't believe it took me so long to do this.

0 comments: