Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Arthur

I finished a pair of socks while we were in Charlotte (before I got sick). Rosemary sent me this Regia yarn when I first decided to start knitting socks and then it sat in my stash for about a year. Since the yarn is self-patterning, I knew I wanted the socks to be plain stockinette, but this time I decided to tackle two socks at once with Magic Loop. It worked quite well, but I don't see myself doing it that way very often. The cuff went very quickly, but once I got into the foot I thought it would never end.

I decided to name these socks Arthur. With Arthur Weasley's love of all things Muggle, I thought he would appreciate the novelty of a self-patterning yarn.






Yarn: some sort of Regia
Needles: KnitPicks Classic circular, sz 1
Pattern: my own, top down, short-row heel, over 72 stitches (which, as it turns out, is just a smidge big)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Arthur's perfect!

Jen said...

I like them, and they are well-matched!

Michelle said...

Great socks - well suited for Arthur.