Friday, January 12, 2007

New Year, New Projects

Despite spending some time at the Frog Pond yesterday (for you non-knitters this means that I decided to rip out some projects...as in, completely unravel them - hence, "rip it"...sounds like "ribbit"...which leads us to Frog Pond), I have been busy knitting. First up is a hat I knit while we were in Charlotte before Christmas:


Pattern: Alison's Beginners Hat
Yarn: Magallanes by Araucania

Probably not colors that most people would like, but I think it's very sunny and happy and I like it. I suppose that's all that really matters.

Over Christmas, I knit the first of a pair of socks for my mom...presenting Rowena:



Pattern: Elongated Corded Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock Nearly Solid in Navy

I really like this yarn - the nearly solids. I've read blog posts about it, singing its praises - I will definitely use it again.

I've also started (re-started, actually - first attempt with different pattern was not up to par) a gift sock:


Pattern: Cable Twist Socks
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in Pine

I really like this pattern - easy to remember and looks nice. As of this morning, I'm almost finished with the heel flap.

And finally, just a teaser for another project I'm working on:

1 comments:

Rosemary said...

squeee!!